Hair that has already grown can suddenly turn white
Ingrown hairs: causes and side effects
When a hair grows below the surface of the skin, it is called an ingrown hair. Ingrown whiskers are common in men. But women also develop ingrown hairs. Legs and armpits are preferred spots for ingrown hairs. The genital area and bikini line are also problem areas, in short all parts of the body that are regularly shaved or epilated.
Hair removal as a cause of ingrown hairs
Hair removal is a key cause of ingrown hairs. Cutting or plucking the hair creates a comparatively sharp edge. As soon as the hair has grown out of the skin again and curls up on the surface, this sharp edge allows it to penetrate the skin again in the opposite direction and continue to grow underneath.
Frizzy or curly hair favor ingrown hairs
Individual hair curls particularly easily in people with frizzy or curly hair. This is why they are more likely to be affected by ingrown hairs than people with straight hair. In addition, the intimate region is an ideal soil for ingrown hair, after all, pubic hair is at least slightly curled in almost everyone.
Clogged hair roots as the cause
Another cause of ingrown hairs is dead skin cells that clog the hair follicle. The hair can then not grow straight up out of the root, but has to move to the side. Too many sex hormones can also encourage hair to grow in. Then the body forms more hair overall, so that the risk of ingrowth generally increases.
Ingrown hairs: inflammation inevitable
If the hair continues to grow under the skin, inflammation easily develops, which shows up on the surface of the skin in the form of purulent pimples. Anyone who scratches or tries to squeeze out the pustules risks scars and changes in the color of the skin - especially in people with darker skin, the inflamed areas often remain as darker pigmented spots after they have healed. In this case, it is best to contact a dermatologist.
Avoid ingrown hairs
Ingrown hairs - what to do? Prevention can be achieved, for example, by exfoliating the skin on a regular basis. This allows you to open clogged pores and clear the way for hair that will grow back. The skin should also be regularly cared for with a moisturizing lotion so that it remains smooth and the hair can penetrate the pores unhindered.
- How do you buy cardboard boxes for packing
- Requests EA project reports for CDR
- What is a treatment 1
- Who can do psychological tests
- Which IIT is best for chemical engineering
- Borrowed modern Hebrew words from Yiddish
- Where is a database used?
- How do I overcome physical weakness
- How do I find our targeted keyword
- Which is better KIIT etc. or mechanical
- Can I get a degree online
- What comes after 100
- Why are my dreams so strange
- The most popular character from Telugu Movies
- What is hand mixed vinyl
- Prefer regular romantic gestures
- Is Kim Hoseok RM the real name
- What does the term compounding mean?
- Is Chavacano a Romance language
- What happened to Navy Blimp L 8
- Should I go to Seville or Barcelona?
- What is somatization disorder
- How do fruit trees grow
- Did the transcendental meditation help you