How is water a colorless compound
|Brief description||colorless, volatile, highly flammable, almost odorless liquid|
|Molar mass||146.11 g / mol|
|density||1.2 g / cm3|
|Melting point||-29 ° C|
|boiling point||102 ° C|
40 mbar at 20 ° C 
very sparingly soluble in water (0.45 g / l at 20 ° C)
15000 mg / kg oral rat
|As far as possible and customary, SI units are used. Unless otherwise noted, the data given apply to standard conditions.|
Benzotrifluoride is a chemical compound from the group of aromatic fluorocarbons. It is a colorless, volatile, highly flammable and almost odorless liquid.
Extraction and presentation
Benzotrifluoride can be made by fluorinating benzotrichloride.
Benzotrifluoride has a calorific value of 4.6 kWh / kg and a refractive index of 1.413-1.415. Benzotrifluoride vapors are 5.05 times heavier than air.
Benzotrifluoride reacts with hot water to form hydrogen fluoride and benzoic acid.
Benzotrifluoride is used as a starting material for the manufacture of herbicides, dyes and pharmaceuticals, such as the intermediate m-chlorobenzotrifluoride C7H4ClF3 (CAS: 98-15-7) and benzotrifluoride isocyanates. It is still used as a solvent.
Benzotrifluoride vapors form an explosive mixture with air.
Wiki / web links
- ↑ Merck data sheet
- ↑ List of calorific values
- ↑ Data sheet at ChemBlink
Categories: Flammable Substance | Environmentally hazardous substance | Organofluorine compound | Halogen aromatic
- Why is the earth covered by clouds?
- How many types of executives are there
- Which browsers are good for Windows 10
- Is money the big compensation in America
- What is the mechanism of the CNC lathe
- Wave is a physical quantity
- Which car has the maximum speed
- How do I turn on my laptop
- Does the smooth muscles have an automatic mechanism
- How silver iodide makes clouds rain
- Which numbers are divisible by 3?
- Why are so many smart people gay?
- How does a C18 HPLC column work
- Which actors should stop playing?
- Every story contains a moral
- How does climate change affect bees?
- What does the WOOE test series look like
- Can an atheist marry a secular Christian
- Why is a negative feedback in the amplifier desirable
- Why do Illinois suck so badly
- Who is your favorite Instagram influencer
- Who is considered an HNI in India
- When was the first time ish became a suffix
- Are you rested correct grammar