How long do freeze-dried strawberries keep
Dried strawberries: make sweet snacks yourself
Healthy snacking - that's possible! Dried strawberries make it possible. The fruits available in the supermarket are often sulphurized, which prevents them from turning brown - but at the expense of health. In this recipe you will find out how you can prepare delicious and at the same time figure-friendly strawberry chips at home.
Dried strawberries extend the strawberry summer
If you can't get enough of strawberries, you should definitely try strawberry chips. Big advantage: Even when the strawberry season is officially over, you can continue to nibble on the sweet fruits, because dried strawberries keep longer than fresh strawberries.
The small dried fruits are perfect for a morning muesli, in yoghurt or salad, or simply for in between. With just under 250 calories per hundred grams, you can enjoy this healthy treat with a clear conscience. Due to the gentle drying process, water is removed from the fruit, but most of the vitamins and minerals are retained.
Strawberry chips in no time at all: drying the fruit in the oven
For this recipe, you'll need strawberry chips for a baking sheet:
- 250 g strawberries
- 20 g powdered sugar, as needed
First wash and dry the fruits, remove the stalk and cut them into slices about three millimeters thick. Make sure to cut the pieces equally thick so that the drying times do not turn out differently. To sweeten dried strawberries, you can sprinkle the cut fruits with a little powdered sugar before they dry.
The vitamins are preserved at low temperatures
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to a maximum of 50 degrees. The hotter the fruits are dried, the more vitamins are destroyed in the process. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper before placing the strawberry slices next to each other. Make sure that the individual slices do not touch each other and slide the tray onto the middle rail in the oven.
Drying at low temperatures can take several hours. As soon as the fruit slices give way to pressure, they are completely dry. If you want it to go faster, dry the strawberries at 100 degrees Celsius, after about an hour and a half they should be ready. After the strawberry chips have cooled down completely, keep them in an airtight container for several months, according to the "Bavarian State Association for Horticulture and Land Care".
Tip: It is advisable to clamp a wooden spoon in the oven door so that the moisture can easily escape from the oven.
- Smoked Benjamin Franklin weed
- How can I get free novels
- Are DIYers tax deductible in 2018?
- How do I develop device drivers
- Should you look forward to a career
- How did you get to Grinnell College
- Is it worth visiting Lamu Kenya
- The IEEE IEEM 2017 conference Scopus is indexed
- Why isn't my friend polite?
- The past should be kept a secret
- What does mixed integer programming solve
- How do I prevent knee pain
- How do water and sulfur dioxide react
- How can I find happiness from within
- How are geology and geomorphology related?
- How do people define a culture
- Who is the weirdest YouTuber you follow
- What is meant by DC power supply
- How does lip balm protect your lips?
- How do you calm a gorilla
- What are rational numbers and irrational numbers
- Which places fall under Upstate New York
- Is there objectively bad classical music?
- How is life in Orlando