What is a pooled odds ratio
from English: odds - odds, chances and ratio - ratio
Synonyms: odds ratio, risk ratio, opportunity ratio, cross product ratio, odds ratio
The Odds ratio, short OR, or that Odds ratio is a measure from statistics that says something about the strength of a relationship between two characteristics. Two "odds" are compared with one another. The odds ratio relates to odds and not to probabilities such as relative risk (RR).
The data obtained can be presented in a crosstab:
|Number of people with risk factor||Number of people without a risk factor|
The odds ratio is then calculated as follows:
- (x / v) / (y / w)
- or (x / y) / (v / w)
- or x * w / y * v.
It can have values between 0 and ∞.
A value greater than 1 means that the odds of the first group are greater, a value less than 1 means that the odds of the first group are smaller. A value of 1 means an equal odds ratio.
The odds ratio is often used in epidemiology to express how closely a suspected risk factor is related to a specific disease. One compares people with a potential risk factor for a disease with people who have this risk factor Not exhibit. The odds ratio then expresses how much greater the chance in the group with a risk factor is to get sick - compared to the chance in the group without a risk factor.
In the context of case-control studies, the odds ratio is often used to assess the ratio of sick and healthy people after exposure to a potentially harmful agent. In principle, however, the odds ratio can be used for all study designs (e.g. also for cross-sectional studies).
- Is facial recognition unconstitutional?
- What is the thermal spray powder
- How are social stratification and poverty connected?
- Is the insect cane poisonous
- What is Retail Merchant Accounts Service Provider
- What does red license plate mean
- We're still inventing new foods
- The logistics belongs to which industry
- Should I confess or not
- What is Flake Ice Plant
- Can someone lose their trust
- Why do dogs wag their tails
- How can you get oysters for free?
- People carried swords every day
- Masturbation makes you lazy
- How does a train run out
- How does a temporary disability work
- What is copywriting in graphic design
- Who is Kanyakubj Brahmin
- What are compromises in business
- Eating ants booger
- Which dua should be recited for forgiveness?
- How many series are there on Netflix
- What activities can you do while camping?
- What kind of hair is not healthy
- Where are the Mac Chrome browser settings
- Who owns the Java software
- Which religions or cults are the most frightening
- What are some great black comedy films
- When does Google Reader add search filters
- What is 3 5 5
- Which biotech companies are focusing on rejuvenation