What is CAR T Therapy
CAR T cell therapy
Treatment with CAR-T cells: information on the mode of action, indication, the course of treatment, possible side effects and aftercare
Author: Julia Dobke, Editor: Ingrid Grüneberg, Approval: PD Dr. med. A. Künkele, Prof. Dr. med. Creutzig, last changed: 07/29/2020
C.himäre A.necessary-R.Eceptor T cell therapy (CAR T cell therapy) is a new form of immunotherapy for the treatment of cancer patients. It is based on the genetic modification of certain immune cells of the patient, the T lymphocytes. These are taken from the patient, treated with genetic engineering and returned in a modified form as CAR-T cells. Since the T lymphocytes are changed with a new antigen receptor made up of different building blocks that normally do not appear together, the new antigen receptor is called chimeric. Hence the abbreviation is derived C.= chimeric, A.= Antigen, R.= Receptor off.
In 2018, the first two CAR-T cell therapies were launched in Europe for children and young adults with refractory or relapsed ALL (acute lymphoblastic leukemia) as well as for adult patients with a diffuse large-cell B-cell that had already been pretreated several times. Lymphoma (DLBCL) approved.
Additional CAR-T cell products for children and young adults are being tested in early clinical trials.
This form of therapy is expected to play an important role in the future, especially for children and adolescents with relapses of ALL. The following text on CAR-T cell therapy provides information about the mode of action, the indication for treatment, the treatment process, risks and side effects as well as follow-up care and prognosis.
Replace the information Not the necessary explanatory discussions with the treatment team; however, they can serve to prepare these conversations and to better understand them.
- Peters C: CAR-T cells: A completely new therapy option for children and adolescents. Spectrum Onkologie SO 06/2019 [PMID: https://www.medmedia.at/spectrum-onkologie/eine-komplett-neue-therapieoption-bei-kinder-und-jugendlichen/] PET2019
- DiNofia AM, Maude SL: Chimeric Antigen Receptor T-Cell Therapy Clinical Results in Pediatric and Young Adult B-ALL. HemaSphere 2019, 3: e279 [PMID: 31723849] DIN2019
- Greinix HT: CAR-T-cell therapy: patient follow-up and CAR-T-cell registry. Sperctrum Oncology 2019, 06 GRE2019
- Buchholz C, Hartmann J, SchueÃŸler-Lenz M, Keller-Stanislawski B: CAR-T-cell therapy: prospects and risks. German Arztebl 2018, 115:  [DOI: 2018; 115 (7): ] BUC2018
- Buchholz C, Hartmann J, SchueÃƒÂŸler-Lenz M, Keller-Stanislawski B: CAR-T-cell therapy: prospects and risks. German Arztebl 2018, 115:  [DOI: 2018; 115 (7): ] BUC2018
- Hay KA, Hanafi LA, Li D, Gust J, Liles WC, Wurfel MM, LÃ³pez JA, Chen J, Chung D, Harju-Baker S, Cherian S, Chen X, Riddell SR, Maloney DG, Turtle CJ: Kinetics and biomarkers of severe cytokine release syndrome after CD19 chimeric antigen receptor-modified T-cell therapy. Blood 2017, 130: 2295 [PMID: 28924019] HAY2017
- Are Cannondale racing bikes worth the money
- How would you translate these German sentences
- How popular is Quora in 2017
- What is the ridiculous error
- How could engineers disturb society?
- Are animals vengeful
- What were Kant's sources of philosophy
- What kind of photo manipulation is it?
- What do Muslims think of Owaisi
- Why are animals not affected by AIDS?
- What's so bad about internet anonymity
- What famous celebrities play StarCraft II
- How safe is a lava lamp
- Why does Virtual DJ quit unexpectedly
- When is Brazil's rainy season
- What is the sum of the negative numbers
- What is a management server
- Willpower is genetic
- What do you think of quality content
- What does a refrigerant cost
- What is a breakup
- What if Jesus were broken off?
- What are the benefits of tulsi sheets
- Most billionaires are tax evaders or tax evaders