What are short phrases
Short sentence (German)
Part of speech: noun, (male)Hyphenation:
- Short | sentence, Plural: Short | sows | ze
- IPA: [ˈKʊʁt͡sˌzat͡s]
- 1) Linguistics, especially syntax: incomplete sentence
- 2) Linguistics, especially stylistics: short sentence
- Determinative compound short and sentence
- 1) ellipse
- 1) simple sentence, sentence structure, sentence series
- Sentence, syntagma, syntax, grammar, linguistics
- 1) Short sentences are sentences that are missing a part of the sentence that would be necessary to form a complete sentence.
- 1) utterances like "Everybody take three steps back!" Short sentences.
- 1) Bünting & Bergenholtz define: "Short sentence (Sentence ellipse): incomplete simple sentence, insofar ungrammatic, but often found in texts; ... "
- 2) “In the 19th century, the American Ralph Waldo Emerson did the Short sentence often used indiscriminately. His sentences are on average eleven words long. "
- 2) “Usually include Short sentences 3 - 5 clauses, namely the grammatically necessary and the most important informational elements (e.g. time and place information). "
- 2) „Short sentences can have a maximum of 12 words, but are usually limited to a lot less. "
- Nominative: singular Short sentence; Plural Short sentences
- Genitive: singular Short sentence; Plural Short sentences
- Dative: singular Short sentence; Plural Short sentences
- Accusative: singular Short sentence; Plural Short sentences
- English: 1) minor sentence
- Swedish: 1) permanent sats, elliptisk sats; 2) kort mening
Entries from our dictionary containing "short sentence":
sentence: ... clause, clause, sub clause, main clause, hypotax, chain clause, complement clause, short clause, matrix clause, memo clause, suffix clause, sub clause, paratax, parenthesis, nested clause, switch clause ...
Short sentences: Part of Speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Kurz | sät | ze Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈkʊʁʦˌzɛʦə] Grammatical features: nominative plural of the noun Kurzsatz Genitive plural of the noun Abbreviation Accusative plural of the noun Kurzsatz
Short sentence: Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Short | sat | zes Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈkʊʁʦˌzaʦəs] Grammatical features: Genitive singular of the noun short sentence
Short sentences: Kurzsätze (German) Part of speech: Declined form Grammatical features: Dative plural of the noun Kurzsatz
Sentence ellipse: Ellipse, short sentence Related terms: 1) Sentences, sentence fragments Examples of use: 1) Many headings are syntactically ellipses of sentences
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Kurzsatz" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (23.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Kurzsatz/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term “short sentence” and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Short sentences (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Subsidiary Forms: Short Clause Hyphenation: Short | sat | ze Pronunciation / Stress:…
Short sentence (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Kurz | sat | zes Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Short circuit (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: singular short circuit; Plural shorts genitive: ...
Short circuits (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Subsidiary Forms: Short Circuit Hyphenation: Short | Schlus | se Pronunciation / Stress: ...
Short circuit (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Kurz | Schlus | ses Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Short-circuit action (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular short-circuit action; Majority of short-circuit actions ...
Short-circuit actions (German) Part of speech: Declined form No longer valid spellings: Short-circuit actions Hyphenation: ...
Short circuit ventilation (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular die short circuit ventilation; Majority of the ...
Short-circuit ventilation (German) Part of speech: Declined form Spelling that is no longer valid: Kurzschlusslüftungen Hyphenation: ...
- Was Mary still a virgin after sex
- Is Ingrid a name
- Is there an Android emulator
- Are the startups reliable to work?
- What happens during a pelvic organ prolapse
- Can i have a baby here
- What is Upwork
- Why should you trade bond futures
- How busy an EMT could be
- Is Normani from New Orleans
- Are there unsafe areas in Vinnitsa, Ukraine
- Have physicists created a negative mass
- What was Conor McGregor's greatest victory
- What other jobs are there besides retail
- I can't remove a blackhead
- What are Cancun's Best Secret Resorts
- Which is the best music video ever
- What does Mahalaya mean
- Simply unsaturated fat is healthy
- Which color is the most beautiful for you
- What are the best fantasy adventure films
- Does it work to make money on YouTube
- What causes pain in your fibroadenomas
- Why do we need IPTV