How do surgeons perform arthroscopies
Arthroscopy - a look into the joint
With arthroscopy (joint mirroring), we create a small access to the diseased joint. A miniature video camera attached to the end of a thin fiber optic light guide enables us to see directly inside the joint. We then use special instruments to repair joint damage through further small accesses. Clinics with the appropriate expertise now carry out the vast majority of joint-preserving interventions with this method. This requires a lot of experience from the surgeons on the one hand, and technical equipment with state-of-the-art video systems on the other.
Arthroscopic interventions are carried out in a minimally invasive manner, save open surgery in most cases and bring you many advantages: You can resume stress more quickly, have less pain and can leave the hospital after a shorter recovery period.
In our center, all major joints - shoulders, knees, elbows, hips and ankles - are treated with this method. We perform a total of around 1,000 arthroscopic procedures every year.
The knee is very often affected by injuries as well as changes due to wear and tear. Many structures of this complex joint can cause pain and problems: at our center we see a particularly large number of patients with injuries to the meniscus, cartilage and cruciate ligaments. Problems with the kneecap and the tendons of the knee joint are also common in our consultation hours. In our philosophy, the preservation of the joints comes before the joint replacement. We cooperate closely with the Center for General Orthopedics in our clinic.
The elbow is a joint that is overstrained in many people by occupational and sporting loads. This can lead to all sorts of problems. The elbow in particular tends to adjust, which is why we often treat restricted mobility. Free joint bodies and cartilage damage are also among the arthroscopically treatable diseases of the elbow.
Joint-preserving surgery on the hip is an important topic in orthopedics today: the great importance of the impingement syndrome, i.e. the entrapment or stroke syndrome, has only been recognized in recent years. If left untreated, it leads to osteoarthritis at a young age. This is why arthroscopy of the hip joint is such a valuable procedure: bone protrusions, cartilage damage and injuries to the labrum (joint lip) can be treated. In this way we can protect the joint from osteoarthritis and make prosthesis replacement unnecessary or delay it. Free joint bodies and inflammation of the hip joint can also be treated gently and preserving the joints.
The main points of treatment of the upper ankle are instabilities (frequent twisting), cartilage-bone damage such as osteochondrosis dissecans and the consequences of injuries such as the so-called footballer's ankle or syndesmosis injuries. Here, too, a large part of the treatments can be carried out in a minimally invasive manner with special, particularly fine video instruments.
General and further information on this at www.arthoskopie-hilft.de
- Which actresses would you consider underestimated?
- How are social stratification and poverty connected?
- Has Christianity spread democratic ideas
- Would Amazon create its own crypto currency
- How many developers work for Apple
- Dystonia is rare
- Which is better cable or satellite
- Stalin was the greatest socialist of all time
- Should I start drinking beer?
- Can a PCB student take a pharmacy
- Want the Sami independence
- Can you write a poem about time
- What is the most beautiful American car
- What is the composition of TerraZyme
- What are the characteristics of a good character
- How's life in Durham New Hampshire
- What are AJAX and APIs
- What is Laser Prostate Surgery
- How does a bond work in the market
- What are the online courses for RTOS
- How many asteroids actually hit Earth
- What are the ways to gain mindfulness
- Why do people call introversion a shell
- What makes people sound Canadian
- What kind of audience are you
- What would happen if we disappeared?
- Is China ultimately an ally or enemy of America?
- Why do we need printer drivers
- What do Russians think of Indians
- JFK cheated on his wife
- Virtual reality will make films obsolete
- How is the Canadian Space Agency
- Metformin may make you dizzy
- Pipelininig What is the Tomasulos Algorithm