What are some unspoken truths in life
Living and Loving in L.A.
"Talking about love is like dancing about architecture" explains Joan to her new friend Keenan over a glass of martini. She describes what eleven people in the metropolis of Los Angeles have in common: the search for indefinable, unique love and very personal happiness ...
There is Meredith (Gillian Anderson), the successful theater director who shares her house with her dog and has not allowed anyone to get close since her husband's divorce. By a stupid coincidence she meets Trent (Jon Stewart), who begins to rekindle Meredith's long-lost feelings. Mildred (Ellen Burstyn) has to face the last encounter with her son Mark (Jay Mohr) who is suffering from AIDS.
At the same time, Hannah (Gena Rowlands) comes across secrets of her husband Paul (Sean Connery), which she cannot completely ignore despite his cancer. Hugh (Dennis Quaid) doesn't know much about the life of his wife Gracie (Madeleine Stowe) either. She meets regularly in a hotel room with her affair, the also married Roger (Anthony Edwards). For a while, the two believed in an affair without love, but then discovered that they did have certain feelings for each other. But her husband Hugh is not always completely honest either; Evening after evening he goes to bars or clubs and tells the women he meets crazy life stories, but hides his real self. And then there is Joan (Angelina Jolie), who gets to know the shy but lovable Keenan (Ryan Phillippe) in a discotheque and who gets to love him because of his abnormal nature.
At the end of the film, everyone meets for the renewal of Hannah and Paul's marriage vows.
The first sentence of the film already arouses curiosity for more. “Talking about love is like dancing about architecture”. Living and Loving in L.A. tries to make it clear that there is no definition for love, you can only get to know and experience it.
Even if the director Willard Carroll is not exactly known, this film can definitely be seen. Unfortunately, he didn't draw a lot of people to the cinema and didn't make the millions that were spent on filming. It's a shame, because the story, divided into sensitive episodes, of very different people who are closely connected, clearly stands out positively from many other episode films. The grappling with AIDS and homosexuality in the film is particularly worthy of praise. Very convincing and touching show Jay Mohr (Jerry Maguire Game of Life) and Ellen Burstyn (The Divine Secret of the Ya-Ya Sisters), which feelings this disease brings to light in people and how many unspoken truths come to light when it Death is closer than life.
But not only these two actors, but also Angelina Jolie (Crazy, The Bone Hunter) plays the role of the very talkative Joan, who lives in a small apartment with her one-eyed cat, almost perfectly. Also the other partly very famous actors like Sean Connery (The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen), Gena Rowlands (Like a Single Day), Ryan Phillippe (Ice Cold Angels), Gillian Anderson (The X Files), Anthony Edwards (Top Gun) and Madeleine Stowe (Twelve Monkeys) deliver a convincing performance.
The cheerful, touching and at the same time tragic film is underlaid with music by John Barry, which provides the necessary background so that the viewer sinks into the film and the feelings of the characters appear even more real.
The end of the film makes you sit up and take notice when the connection between the individual people and whether everything is going well is resolved.
Nomination for the "Golden Bear".
Tina - myFanbase
Discussion on this film
- What is the nose made of?
- Have you vaccinated your child
- What are the most unique mythical creatures
- Is biology necessary for aeronautical engineering
- How is CH3CH2OH more acidic than H2O
- What eats spiders
- What is your plan when playing video games
- Is flow mechanics difficult
- How suitable is baseball glove for softball
- Why was there a stigma around apprenticeships
- How wrong is Bollywood
- Hummus is considered a Mediterranean food
- What is the Holi Sale in Coding Blocks
- Lose Fortnite to Apex Legends
- What is the oldest island in the world
- What's the question and answer
- What is the future of Syndicate Bank
- At what age can I read mahabharata?
- Is depression the royal road to realism?
- Can create shadows in a vacuum
- What does murderous sociopath mean
- Home Depot or Lowe s
- What words make you pessimistic
- What is Frozenset in Python
- What is marketplace optimization
- Does smoking affect the baby's gender
- What does a refrigerant cost
- What is the expected limit for NDA
- Can marijuana relieve chronic fatigue
- Is there evidence for or against soul mates
- How can we cook french fries differently?
- Why is link building so difficult
- Is cider technically cider