What was Michael Jackson's personal motto slogan
Michael Jackson - The 25th Anniversary Edition of Bad coming September 2012
On the 25th anniversary of the publication of Michael Jackson's milestone “Bad”, the anniversary package “Bad 25” will be released on September 14th
The publication contains for the first time Michael's personal VHS recording of his appearance at London's Wembley Stadium on July 16, 1988, and “Bad 25” also includes recently discovered outtakes and demos from the “Bad” studio sessions
For vinyl fans: Just Can't Stop Loving You - 7 ”vinyl LP at Amazon.deorder (published at the end of July)
25 years after the phrase “Who's Bad” became a youth culture slogan for an entire generation, Epic / Legacy Recordings is celebrating the anniversary of the legendary album and the record-breaking “Bad Tour” with the release of the deluxe package “ Bad 25 ”, which will be released on September 14, 2012. It includes three CDs, two collector's booklets and contains the first authorized DVD-Publication of a concert of the
“Bad Tour” at all.
“The 'Bad' era represents Michael's creative coming-of-age as a solo artist who has taken responsibility for every aspect of his career - from recording to tours to sponsorship and merchandising. It was the first album on which Michael wrote almost all of the pieces himself. It was also the first album in music history to produce five number-one hits in a row, a feat that wasn't evened out by an artist until two and a half decades later. It was also the first time Michael went on tour as a solo artist - his vision, his choices about how the show should be. The tremendous success of the "Bad" album and the tour were a key moment in Michael's maturation as a composer, as a performer and as a producer that cemented his role as King Of Pop. We are excited to celebrate such a historic era in Michael’s career with this release, ”said John Branca and John McClain, Co-Trustees of the Estate of Michael Jackson.
The "Bad 25 Anniversary Deluxe Edition" contains three CDs and one DVD:
- The highlight of the package is the DVD of Michael's legendary concert at Wembley Stadium on July 16, 1988. It is not a compilation of individual performances, but a complete show, exactly as it was performed in front of Prince Charles, Princess Diana and 72,000 fans at the sold out concert. It was one of a total of seven performances that took place there in a row and attracted more than half a million visitors - and thus a record. Three times as many people had tried to get tickets for the shows in advance. The DVD is from Michael Jackson's personal VHS copy of the performance as seen on the JumboTrons during the concert. The material was only recently discovered and is the only existing recording of the show. The recordings have been restored and the audio quality improved to give fans the opportunity to experience the fascination of the famous evening.
- A CD with the remastered “Bad” album.
- A CD of previously unreleased material recorded in Michael's personal studio in Hayvenhurst. It includes both early demos of songs on the album and demos of songs not included on the final album. All material is released exactly as it was recorded during the “Bad” sessions. Nothing was added. In addition, the CD contains some new remixes from internationally renowned DJs and producers.
- A CD with the recordings that were made in the Audio Truck on the evening of July 16 at Wembley. It is the first Michael Jackson live CD ever released and it is the only known concert on the "Bad" tour that exists as a multi-track recording.
The fantastic 3 CD / 1 DVD box set also contains, among other things, two extensive booklets with previously unseen photos from the recording sessions, video sets and the tour, the original "Bad" cover art, a double-sided poster. A 2 CD standard version of "Bad 25" with the original album plus CD with the demos and new remixes will be available as well as a stand-alone edition of the DVD and a picture disc of the original album.
On June 4th, Epic / Legacy Recordings will release the first single from the album entitled "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" as a maxi CD, which also includes the previously unreleased bonus track "Don't Be Messin '' Round (demo ) "from the" Bad "sessions. In the USA, the publication takes place exclusively via Wal-Mart, digital publication is not planned.
A replica edition of the 7 ”vinyl single with the original B-side“ Baby Be Mine ”will be released on June 26th. "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" was originally released in 1987 as a 7 "vinyl single. The 7 "single edit of the song was only available on this 7" vinyl single until today.
Recently, Pepsi announced an exclusive, worldwide partnership with the Michael Jackson Estate as part of their new "Live For Now" campaign. Pepsi is launching a retail campaign this month in the United States and twenty other countries that will include a billion "Special Edition Michael Jackson Bad 25" peppers for fans to buy "Special Edition Merchandise" and new music from "Bad 25 " to obtain.
"Bad" was Michael Jackson's third album and was produced by Quincy Jones and was released in the US on August 31, 1987. It was a monumental release in many ways: nine of the eleven tracks were by Michael and he was co-producer of the entire album. The long player reached number one on the album charts all over the world and wrote music history with five US number one hits in a row, produced ten hit singles and nine groundbreaking short films / videos and sold more than 45 million copies worldwide. "Bad" was nominated for six Grammys and awarded two. The album earned Michael the first Video Vanguard Award at the MTV VMA Awards. The songs on the original album were: “Bad”, “The Way You Make Me Feel”, “Speed Demon”, “Liberian Girl”, “Just Good Friends” (featuring Stevie Wonder), “Another Part of Me”, “Man in the Mirror ”,“ I Just Can't Stop Loving You ”,“ Dirty Diana ”,“ Smooth Criminal ”, plus“ Leave Me Alone ”.
The “Bad World Tour” was Michael's first tour as a solo artist. The legendary concert tour included 123 concerts, which were seen by 4.4 million fans over a period of over sixteen months. At the end of the tour, all previously set records in terms of audience numbers and income were broken. Three new entries in the "Guinness World Records" book were the result: as a tour with the highest revenue of all time, with the most viewers and the most sold-out shows at Wembley Stadium.
Press release / photo: Sony Music Entertainment Switzerland GmbH
- Who sang the song English Rose in 1978
- Why people are two-legged
- What are the wagering requirements in bingo
- Should I buy a car with high mileage?
- What is the latest robot technology 2014
- What is life like in Katy Texas?
- Has Alaska 6 months without sunlight
- How does a black hole affect gravity?
- What was Motown's 50th Anniversary?
- Who spread Islam in Kashmir?
- What is Pokemon Sleep is it real
- How can you say that information is wealth?
- What are the best fantasy adventure films
- How effective is a polio injectable vaccine
- Which superheroes only have one power
- What is the basic state
- Who is Ajit Prasad Mahato
- What was Viet Minh's weapon
- Will the game industry kill Hollywood
- What is meant by secondary emission
- Is Elementary Sherlock better than Sherlock Sherlock
- What are some examples of correlation studies
- Can science explain hadiths
- Find your American friends stingy