How do I write technical blog posts
How do you write a very good blog post?
Everyone can do a good one Blog post write. If you have never tried it, you may think that this is not true, but with a little practice and a clear plan it is really very easy - even if the first attempt can certainly be improved. If you follow the clear instructions in this article and check the resulting post again using the checklist that we offer you for download, then the quality and effectiveness of your posts on the blog will increase significantly.
You can also listen to this post as a podcast:
The perfect blog post: This is how “corporate blogging” becomes very easy
This article is structured to show in a few easy steps how to write a good post on a company blog or on a commercially motivated blog. It is not about artistically valuable or literarily beautiful, but about practicality. If you've been following this blog about content marketing for a long time, you'll know why the old marketing works less and less and that you should come up with solutions to problems in order to be valuable to your target audience. So it is clear that each article should solve a specific problem for the audience you choose. If this is not possible, for example because the topic is more complex and can therefore only be worked on gradually, your blog post should at least aim to make a significant contribution to the solution.
"Having the end in mind at the beginning"
With the end in mind at the beginning - this is how the late thought leader Stephen R. Covey called one of his principles, which are described in the world bestseller “7 Ways to Effectiveness”. We apply this principle to theperfect blog post by first thinking about what the reader should do after reading. In contrast to classic journalism, when it comes to blogging, it is important that you carry out another action that either makes you part of your “tribe” or that already leads to a purchase decision.
If we want to write a blog post, the first thing we do is make sure that the purpose of the post, i.e. the action that the reader is supposed to take, is clearly stated. Then the next steps will be very easy. We have put together some ideas of what such an act could be:
- follow a link
- subscribe to a list
- download a document
- buy a product
- call a phone number
- write an E-Mail
- send a voice message
- write a comment
A good headline makes you want more
In order to encourage the reader to read at all, we need an activating headline. How can you create such a headline if you haven't dealt much with the design of headings? Many people who are asked to write a headline tend to describe the content of the text. That's how we finally learned that in school when we were given essays and similar writing assignments. However, that is not helpful here. Our blog headline should not be a description, but the beginning of an arc of tension.
We want to create a headline that will attract the right readers. Ultimately, we want to ensure that it is clear from the beginning what the reader can expect from the blog post. For example, the headline “3 brilliant make-up tips that will make you look 10 years younger without having to sit in front of the mirror for hours” would not appeal to me. However, it should be interesting for the intended target group. The headline reveals what it is about and what the reader gets from the article without revealing the content too early. The target group is attracted and made curious.
Countless blog posts and entire books have been written to design headings. Perhaps the most popular list of 100 good headlines is sure to be a great inspiration. Here we offer a selection of knitting patterns that you can fill with your content. You can easily find very good headings for your topic with these templates:
- Get ___ now, so ___!
- Do not use ______ from now on!
- React now so that it doesn't ______!
Like you - without to
- How you can permanently get matching customer inquiries without spending your entire budget on marketing.
- How you can safely achieve your annual goals without constantly checking the figures yourself.
- How to keep your employees focused and motivated without constantly giving away gifts.
First - but then
- At first I thought it was impossible to reach the right customers, but then it dawned on me.
- At first it seemed like we would never find affordable housing, but then something unpredictable happened.
- At first I thought cold calling couldn't work, but then I read an article and everything changed.
- How many customers would you like to gain from tomorrow?
- What is the most important reason why so many employees have internally quit?
- What simple tool can you use to measurably increase your yield immediately?
- 7 reasons why ___
- 3 tips for ____ and ___
- 12 ideas that will instantly help your ___ get more ___.
- How Steve Jobs designed his presentations and what you can learn from them.
- Why the German national team became world champions and how your team can benefit from it tomorrow.
- What the three most successful films in world history can do for your website.
You may find these examples and blueprints of good headings helpful. In any case, you can use it to make the next headlines for your blog posts more exciting and interesting. And finally, before you let your headline apply, ask yourself the following questions:
- Is a clear value proposition offered directly or indirectly?
- Does the heading make you curious about the rest of the text?
- Is it immediately clear who the article is intended for?
If you can answer these questions with a resounding yes, then the heading is appropriate and can be used.
She half pulled him, half sank - Why the first paragraph decides
The first paragraph is the chance to draw the reader into the article. If he finds the headline attractive, he starts to read the article, but now we have to keep the promise made and at the same time inspire the desire to read the article in full or at least to skim it. The first paragraph should therefore contain these three style elements:
1. opening movement
Let's take this blog article as an object of illustration. The first sentence says, “Anyone can write a good blog post.” That's a strong statement. This statement is put into perspective in the next sentence, but the first statement makes the hearts of the target group beat faster and is the fulfillment of the (indirect) promise of the headline.
2. Value proposition
What will i get if i decide to read this article? Using the example of my opening, you can see this clear value proposition: You will learn to write good blog posts. All you have to do is read the article and implement the tips outlined here.
Offer the reader an additional benefit that is described later in the text. In the sense of "further down in the text you get ..." or "in the course of the article I will give you ...". In my example, I announce that at the end you will get a checklist that will help you create good blog articles.
When you make a good first paragraph, you make the reader more willing to invest their time. They provide a kind of “trailer”, as we know it from the cinema: a film is advertised and the right target group gets the desire to watch the film later. She would probably like to see him right now. So make the first paragraph a trailer for the article itself.
Structure the blog post with helpful subheadings
Unlike in typical print products such as newspapers and magazines, blog posts have no space restrictions. We can be wasteful of subheadings, giving the reader the opportunity to skim through the article. I think that people want to invest less and less time to understand the content of texts presented online. Fast scrolling through text has become the standard. It is therefore important to structure the article with good subheadings and to ensure that there is a chance to pull the reader back into the text even when skimming it. It is important that we offer re-entry points to get from scrolling to reading.
3 blueprints to make a blog post - even if you don't know what to write
Now we've spent some time discussing the key elements of an article, but none of these are of much help if you don't have any content. So how do you generate the content of a blog post? If you already have enough content, you may be tempted to skip this paragraph now. But even then, it can be exciting to rework the existing content with a different perspective. There are probably many more ways to design an article, but the following three options are sure to provide a good basis.
A list that provides your target group with ideas for solutions
Make a list of problems, reasons, triggers or historical events. It is important that the appropriate solution approaches are also described in addition to the list. Here some examples:
- Most common spelling problems since reform and how to get around them.
- The reasons for little traffic on websites and how to find a cost-effective remedy.
- The most dreaded bad press triggers and what countermeasures to plan.
- The worst work accidents since 2001 and how professionals can reliably avoid them in their own company.
On the basis of such a list, you can write a detailed and helpful article that can last for a long time and thus still provide valuable benefits for the target group years later.
An aggregate of other content, sources, and opinions that provide solutions
In our multi-layered world there are plenty of offers that already offer solutions for your target group. You could use a selection of these things and write a valuable article in which you show your readers these third-party products and, through your evaluation, give a recommendation or warning or simply create a market overview. We have selected these ideas for you:
- Books: The best recipe books for vegan nutrition, and which ones you shouldn't buy.
- Tools: The ultimate list of tools that should be in every household and the nonsense to save yourself.
- Software and apps: The best and the worst apps for entrepreneurs - a practice-oriented market overview.
- Gardening: The best articles available online about growing roses and what's more.
A guide that shows a way to a solution step by step
This blog post is an example of how you can fill an entire post with step-by-step instructions. At first glance, it may sound strange that an agency that lives from customers entrusting it with writing blog posts, among other things, reveals this knowledge free of charge. Why should we do this? Because giving away knowledge does not contradict economic success.
The bottom line: If you want to learn how to write an article yourself, that's good. But if you ever get the brilliant idea that while writing is important to your marketing, it is not one of your core competencies, then you may find yourself looking for an agency that can do turnkey content marketing for you Get back to your business and the marketing will run by itself. This principle works for many different companies and industries.
Everything you should know about perfect blog posts
When the blog post is done and you sit back and relax, not all of the work is done. In order for a blog article to work well, it is necessary to consider other points. We have summarized these points in a checklist that you are welcome to request. You will then also receive a glossary on content marketing, which should help you in the future to have all content marketing terms that are important for entrepreneurs and the self-employed.
Photo source cover picture: © Rawpixel.com / Fotolia 2015
- How to say cheese in French
- Causes body odor to sweat
- What is the mechanism of the CNC lathe
- Have they got gay cops
- How dreams come true in your life
- Will hurricane Florence hit the Delmarva peninsula
- What is Prussian blue
- Is saturated with formic acid
- Burns a gas
- What is an impulse buy
- Which organism has 5 hearts
- When did Peter Green leave Fleetwood Mac
- Is noida windshield repair trustworthy
- What are new treatments for depression
- What is a calibration aircraft in aviation
- Why did minorities vote for Trump?
- What is a bastard all about
- Who is Meredith McIver
- How to forge weapons and armor
- How do I register for Quora Digest
- Which is better cable or satellite
- What is the riskiest operation
- How to Track Coupon Website Conversion
- What is the symbol for aluminum