What is crime intimidation
Possible types of violence
The term "domestic violence" is very broad and generally refers to various forms of violence. Experts agreed on this term, as it takes into account the aspect that injuries, insults, threats and beatings take place in the home of trust and thus the place of security and security. The attacks on life and limb are generally directed against one's own partner or children.
Which offenses fall under domestic violence?
To a certain extent, the term domestic violence is used as a generic term for a large number of criminal offenses that occur within partnerships, marital or family communities. Which includes:
- all forms of willful bodily harm
- serious, dangerous, light and bodily harm resulting in death
- sexually motivated crimes such as sexual abuse and rape
- psychological abuse from threats and stalking
- Homicides such as manslaughter and murder.
The comprehensive spectrum also includes psychological or emotional violence in marriage and partnership. Domestic violence thus always relates to the relationship between victim and perpetrator.
Who can be a victim of domestic violence?
Anyone in the household can become a victim of a violent crime within their own four walls - women, men and children. With 100,000 registered cases in 2015, mostly women are victims of domestic violence. However, this should not hide the fact that domestic violence is increasingly threatening men as well. Such cases only reach the public less often, as the supposedly stronger sex fears that it will lose its reputation in the eyes of society. But it is not uncommon for children to get caught in the middle. The figures in the criminal statistics of the Federal Criminal Police Office show that the number of crimes against children is increasing. Often, however, the children also suffer indirectly from the situation.
Domestic violence and possible causes
People affected by domestic violence are very often confronted with flimsy excuses with which the perpetrator tries to justify their own behavior - stress at work, hunger, too little sleep, consumed too much alcohol. It is not uncommon for the guilt to be projected onto the victims themselves: "You provoke me". Some women and men also believe that violence is lawful. It must be clear, however, that there can be no justification for domestic violence.
It is not uncommon for the perpetrators to appear to the outside world as rather inconspicuous, have little self-confidence and try to bind and dominate the partner by using violence and threats. They are usually accompanied by great fear of losing their partner. A large proportion of the perpetrators feel they have failed and suffer from the violence they have committed themselves. However, they are often unwilling to seek outside help and support as it would mean additional defeat for them.
There are many reasons why the victims stay with the perpetrators and forego professional assistance. In many cases, the empty promises that domestic violence will cease in the future are trusted. Others particularly want their children to grow up in a complete family and therefore do not leave their partner. For some, there is also the fear of losing their right of residence.
Doing nothing is not a solution!
The Protection Against Violence Act prohibits all forms of domestic violence and aims to protect victims. Since 1997, sexual assault in marriage has also been officially made a criminal offense. However, many cases are not reported. Many women and men do not dare to talk about what has been done to them and so forego support and help. But this is the wrong way to go, especially since domestic violence usually leaves behind exhausted victims, who as a rule can no longer find their way out of the vicious circle on their own. Again and again the blame is passed on to the victim. Do not believe such statements, especially since nothing justifies the use of violence in partnership and marriage. With regard to the children, too, external support and assistance should not be dispensed with. Because the experience of violence is an extremely traumatic experience for them, which can have massive effects on their school performance, their behavior and their psychological development.
Information on divorce in general and how it can be accelerated in the event of hardship can be found at www.scheid.org.
Back to life with professional support and assistance!
Have you also been a victim of domestic violence? Do you perceive your situation as hopeless or do you often feel helpless and alone? Put an end to this and put an end to humiliation and violence. After all, you too have a right to integrity and self-determination. Come back to life and turn to regional advice centers, women's shelters and corresponding facilities for men or go to the police. You can find professional support in your area who can offer you help and support on this page, odabs.org. The numerous counseling centers have already been able to help a large number of those affected by domestic violence back into life and point out a promising way out.
- How was the MWC event
- Why are holographic stickers used
- Which actor has never played the hero?
- What irritates you about Indians
- Are there soldiers in Syria
- How is the Vivo V17 smartphone
- What is the difference between crazy and angry?
- Is it possible to produce personal knowledge
- Why don't people stop ruining everything
- How do I kill a whale
- What are static variables in VB
- What is the phrase caught in Crossfiremean
- What are the Fard Acts of Hajj
- How can I teach myself the law
- What are the causes of a miscarriage
- What are the interests of the Swiss banks
- What Makes the Rudraksh Immigrant Group the Best
- What is half of 7 9
- Are the mystical arts real?
- Which country used to rule Iceland?
- Has it ever snowed in Southern California?
- In which episode did Naruto get hokage
- What automations should Shopify stores consider
- What is the crypto currency of the API key
- What causes the high winds in Sydney
- Is Borborema a beautiful name
- What is the great work of Maimonides
- Can a mechanical engineer become an automotive engineer
- Why do people call Jimin female
- How does a black hole affect gravity?
- How do I find inexpensive gift cards
- What are the uses of thermal conductors
- Can lavender be used as a condiment
- What is meant by a software tester