What is the most expensive golf shaft
The most exclusive golf course in the world: € 2,900 green fee
Barbados is the easternmost island of the Lesser Antilles in the Atlantic Ocean and is particularly interesting for golfers, because the year-round temperatures are an average of 26 degrees. In addition, it is not of volcanic origin like the other Caribbean islands, but rather the part of an underwater limestone ridge protruding from the sea. This expands the playing field for golf course architects, the golf courses are mostly carved out of limestone quarries. There are now five 18-hole golf courses and two 9-hole golf courses on the island, which are private. Only the three golf courses of the Sandy Lane Resort are open to green fee players. Hotel guests pay around € 281 ($ 385) for the Green Monkey Course, which otherwise costs € 2,900 ($ 4,000) for golfers.
Designed by Tom Fazio, the ultra exclusive par 72 course is a whopping 6,714 meters long. Carved from an old limestone quarry, typical limestone cliffs form a breathtaking contrast to the lush, wavy fairways with spectacular 'elevator greens' with enormous differences in height. The course is named after its namesake, the Bajan Green Monkey, and a grass island in the shape of a monkey was created directly in a bunker. The course is one of Tom Fazio’s most beautiful and exciting designs worldwide. The course includes five par 3s, five par 5s and eight par 4. Green fees: approximately € 2,900 ($ 4,000).
To the exclusive Sandy Lane Resort However, there are also two other golf courses, which are also public, but not that expensive. Also the 'The Country Club' was designed by golf course architect Tom Fazio and is also a paradise for golfers due to its lush greens, five lakes and immaculately cut fairways. In 2006 the World Cup was held on this challenging par 72, 6,455 meter course. Breathtaking views of the Caribbean Sea are omnipresent here. Green fee: approx. 130 € (190 dollars).
In 2009 an extraordinary Guinness world record was set on the Country Club Course: a golfer made 54 birdies in 12 hours in the world record category: 'Most birdies in one day'.
'The Old Nine' was built in 1961 and winds through the Sandy Lane Resort. As a result, the fairways are very narrow and the greens are very small compared to the resort's two 18-hole championship courses. Trees line the fairways and it is precisely these natural features that make the 3,058 meter long, par 36 course very challenging. Green fee: approx. € 73 ($ 100, hotel guests $ 85).
Sandy Lane St. James, Barbados, West Indies BB24024, Tel. +1 246 4442000
- How famous is the Colosseum
- How do I increase the electrical output
- Can I get a degree online
- What are the symptoms of acute leukemia
- What information does an ISBN contain
- What does your cat mean to you
- Which countries produce neoprene
- What is the difference between Kerl and Gestuet
- What are the functions of santoku knives
- What is the future of billable hours
- What are social development programs
- Why is China so popular in Africa
- What is the best designed Mercedes Benz
- Is Gardner Minshew underestimated?
- What is the best keychain flashlight
- How would you like to be paid
- Why do boys like mysterious girls
- How do I remove alcohol from beer
- Would my dog care if I died
- Which is the best DJ company
- Why is BTS so famous
- What is the ASIC check
- Can private students appear for the CAT?
- What is iodometry