Which insect foods are suitable for cats
Feeding cats: This is what cat feeding is all about
Cats are individualists. This should not be forgotten when it comes to nutrition. Everyone prefers a different food and has different eating habits. As a cat owner, you should address your cat's preferences and observe their eating habits, as these can change over the course of a cat's life. Both the food and the way of feeding should be adapted to your cat's needs. Here you can find out what is important when it comes to cat feeding.
What should cats eat?
Cats are predators with a pronounced hunting instinct and only animal tissues contain the essential taurine and all the amino acids they need. Cat-appropriate proportions of animal tissue characterize a healthy and species-appropriate diet for all cats. Cats particularly like to eat chicken, turkey, beef or fish.
What are cats not allowed to eat?
With the following tips you can avoid mistakes in cat feeding and at the same time ensure a species-appropriate diet that comes closest to the nature of your cat. The following foods must not be fed to cats:
- Raw meat & raw freshwater fish
- Sweets & baked goods
- Sausage & smoked meat
Can be fed in small quantities:
- Boiled liver
- Sheep / cow milk, curd cheese & butter
Dry or wet food for cats?
Good food should contain all of the essential nutrients your cat needs on a daily basis. It requires a perfectly matched combination of proteins, fats, minerals, vitamins, essential fatty acids and taurine. Overall, the cat's diet should be high in protein and low in carbohydrates.
Wet or moist food is offered as food in soft pieces (also as pies or jellies), namely as canned food, sachets or in bowls. Since the wet food already contains a high proportion of water, the fluid balance of your cat is also supported when it is eaten. However, wet food is also more perishable than dry food, which is why opened packs should always be kept refrigerated.
Dry food is food that has been deprived of moisture and is offered in various forms as croquettes. Dry food is less perishable than wet food. Another benefit is that dry food prevents tartar build-up and is generally better for your cat's dental health. However, when feeding dry food, it is important that your cat drinks enough. Always provide her with water.
It is recommended that you get your cat used to both types of food. Otherwise it is possible that the cat only accepts very special food due to the so-called "food stamping". To get the cat used to both types of food, you can try mixed feeding.
In general, you shouldn't change the type of food in adult cats as often as they are sensitive to it and can have digestive problems.
High quality cat food has many valuable nutrients. You can find out which cat food is right for your cat here. Purina ONE® offers you a large selection of dry and wet food that is specially tailored to the individual needs of your cat.
How do I feed my cat properly?
Here we have put together the most important tips for correct feeding at a glance:
- Fresh water: Make sure that your cat not only eats enough, but also drinks enough. You can contribute to a healthy supply of fluids by always having clean, fresh drinking water available.
- Regular feeding: Feed your cat at about the same time twice a day. She will quickly get used to the rhythm and will demand her food at the right time. You can find out how often you should feed your cat here.
- Cats like to eat undisturbed: In nature, cats first bring their food to a safe place before they eat. Our house cats also follow this behavior. So create a quiet place for your cat to eat. Read more about proper cat feeding here.
- Food at room temperature: To prevent your cat from having stomach problems, you should always get their food out of the refrigerator a little earlier so that it is not too cold.
- Balanced nutrition: Mixed feeding of wet and dry food ideally supports your cat's wellbeing. On the one hand, the wet food ensures increased hydration and the dry food reduces tartar formation.
- Assign each cat its own food bowl: If you have several cats, you can ensure that every cat has easy and equal access to the cat food by setting up several food bowls in different places.
- Combine daily feeding with Play and fun: This not only gives your cat a fun activity, but also makes your pet move more.
Avoid common mistakes - feeding recommendations for your cat:
If you follow our five tips, you will create a good foundation for the well-being of your house tiger. What you should definitely avoid when feeding cats, however, you can read here:
- Table scraps: Leftovers and table waste should not end up in the bowl, as they can even harm the cat. Often our dishes are too spicy and contain too much fat, which can make cats stomach upset and lead to obesity.
- Raw meat: It can contain pathogens that make cats sick.
- Too many treats: Of course, you can treat your cat to a treat every now and then. However, the energy value of the treats should always be subtracted from the amount of food in the main meal.
- Dog Food: Cat food is specially designed to meet the needs of a cat, as it has a much higher protein and fat requirement than dogs. Long-term feeding with dog food would therefore lead to an undersupply. But if your cat is nibbling at the dog bowl, there is of course no need to worry.
- What makes a worst wedding
- What propaganda do you hate most
- Why are things
- How can I backup SMS to iCloud
- Why do some people hook up other cars
- How do I get corporate insurance
- What is the imperial grandfather's plan
- A practicing Muslim man could be uncircumcised
- What holiday comes after Christmas
- Can you decipher the word MNA?
- What is a boiling water
- What are your experiences with the paranormal
- Famous colleges for criminal justice
- How can we trust love
- What is a good squirrel bait
- What is a factor tree for 24
- Can I do matched betting in America?
- What is the purpose of meeting
- Is Tesla insurance really cheaper?
- How can corruption be curbed in Kenya?
- Is TubeMate better than InsTube
- What is Consistent Hashing
- Is socialism demotivating
- Which organisms have a symbiotic relationship with humans