What is bacterial culture
English: bacterial culture
Under one Bacterial culture one understands the cultivation of bacteria (e.g. from a smear) in a culture medium for the purpose of reproduction and, if necessary, subsequent determination of the pathogen.
2 Implementation of the creation
First, bacteria are extracted from the site of the infection (e.g. sputum, blood). It is important that the sample is transported in a container that prevents the bacteria from multiplying and dying, and that the sample is examined quickly.
2.2 Creating the culture
The bacteria are then placed on a solid or liquid nutrient medium that contains peptone, serum, a buffer solution and carbon. If the culture is to be examined for specific resistance, an antibiotic is added. If the bacteria are pathogenic to humans, they are incubated at a temperature of 37 ° C.
2.3 Separating the bacteria
Since several bacterial colonies usually grow on a plate, it is essential to separate the colonies for later analysis. This is done, for example, with the three-loop smear.
2.4 Determination of the bacteria
After the bacteria have been separated, they are examined further. This can be done with the naked eye (determination of the growth form) or by Gram staining, specific reactions and investigation of conditions that are necessary for growth (e.g. amino acids).
The antibiogram is used to find the antibiotic with the best effect. For this purpose, felt pads are soaked with antibiotics and applied to the plate with the bacteria. Resistance can be determined according to the extent of the growth inhibition in the vicinity of the antibiotic platelet.
see also: Growth phases of a bacterial culture
- How do I learn angles 1 6
- How do I eat with Twin Block
- How is Igate for freshmen
- Is there a robotic achievement
- Why doesn't Wikipedia like logo galleries
- What is the secret to longevity
- What are automation production systems
- What is Microsoft Visual C.
- What is rural gentrification
- Can engines over speed
- Why is Brawlstars so popular
- Should we eradicate religion completely
- What is legal liability
- Which are some good free chat sites
- How punctual are San Francisco buses
- How old is Marla Maples
- PayPal owns other companies
- What are the best Little Mixs acoustic covers
- Which Kindle device is good
- What kind of water take roots
- Which chinese star do you like
- How is the weather near IIT Dharwad
- Would you flavor popcorn with bacon
- What foods can make you dizzy?