People eat gazpacho hot
Gazpacho and tropical nights
Gazpacho fits into the summer
Unfortunately, the summers in Berlin are usually not hot enough to really long for Gazpacho - a cold or even better ice-cold originally Spanish vegetable soup. Nevertheless, every summer there are a few tropical nights in Berlin and the desire for a refreshing, light meal.
Then I either prepare a wonderful “green cazpacho” inspired by the recipe by Yotam Ottolenghi or let the contents of the fridge guide me.
I had told my mother about my love for this cold soup and even in the far north of Germany, in Bremen, there are now tropical nights every summer. So my mother discovered the taste of gazpacho and tried a recipe for green cazpacho with fruits and vegetables. I was absolutely thrilled and created my own mixture from Ottolenghi's recipe in combination with my mother's.
Such experiments are highly recommended with this cold vegetable soup if, like me, you don't have the correct ingredients at home for either of the two recipes.
Red & blonde make gazpacho, because who dares wins!
In my musical-culinary podcast Rot & Blond with Blanche Elliz we prepared a cold vegetable soup together and discovered that a little risk-taking when cooking and in life pays off. Why? The answer and the recipe for a traditional Andalusian gazapcho can be found here in the poscast:
There are other recipes and inspirations from me in my post:
"Gazpacho and Tropical Nights"
There are many recipes for gazpacho. As a rule, the main ingredient is ripe aromatic tomatoes - these naturally stay outside in a green gazpacho. Both I and Mr. Ottolenghi have refined the soup with yoghurt - it is reminiscent of oriental flavor combinations and, when refined with fresh coriander and cumin, completely loses its Spanish roots.
- Salad cucumber or mini cucumbers, 1 large or 6 small ones
- Sugar melon, 1/2
- green apple
- green peppers, 1 - can also be omitted
- Celery, 2 sticks
- Fresh garlic, 1-2 cloves
- Cold vegetable broth, 150 ml
- Balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp
- ground almond, 2-3 tbsp
- Walnuts - toasted, 1 tbsp
- Pine nuts - toasted, 1 tbsp
- Sugar, 1 tsp
- Olive oil, 2-3 tbsp
- Yogurt 3, 5% or more, 100 g
- Ice cubes, approx 16
- green chilli pepper, to taste
- Basil, coriander, parsley, to taste
- Cumin, at will
Wash the vegetables and peel the cucumber, melon and apple.
Lightly toast the walnut and pine nuts in a pan. If you only want to take almonds, you can do this too.
Puree all ingredients until smooth. This works particularly well in a stand mixer or a Thermomix, but a magic wand also does a wonderful job. Season to taste and, depending on the desired consistency, add a little broth, yoghurt or nuts.
I especially like some very small vegetables on top. A mixture of tomatoes, red vegetable chilli and very small apples with a little olive oil goes very well here.
If you like, you can also serve Pimientos de Pardon (small elongated chillies from a place in central Spain) fried in olive oil. The contrast between warm and cold as well as the sweetish spicy taste of the soup and the bitter taste of the pimientos is very interesting.
If there is still some gazpacho left on the next day, you can vary the taste very easily by adding fresh coriander and some toasted sesame oil to the soup. Chopped avocado and mango as a topic are a nice addition.
Here are all my ideas for Gazpacho!
Since we got the taste of gazpacho, I've tried many variations. This clear soup is also very popular with my daughter and me as a quick, figure-friendly lunch. Depending on what the refrigerator has to offer, there are sometimes new variations every day.
Lately we didn't have a lot of vegetables in the fridge and we conjured up a very fruity gazpacho with strawberries, kiwi and pears. Refined with lemongrass and cumin - an oriental experience.
This very special gazpacho in an orange sannyasin robe can be found here:
- Has God forgiven Chris Watts
- How sit eagles
- What is the significance of natural rights
- What is the symbol for uranium
- Has McGonagall ever communicated with Tom Riddle
- Why do we shamelessly enjoy guilty joys
- What is the best DevOps training
- What is the best college search site
- Have you ever kissed a friend casually
- Can keep fruit longer in the freezer
- What is the lawyer privilege
- Will fight Floyd Mayweather again
- Honey Singh cracked the IIT test
- What is the AP exam plan 2019
- What is r 100 0
- How can people be smart consumers
- Why don't europeans use cm
- Which website can offer HD photo
- What does obsidian mean
- Who really understands poetry
- Are cuddle cots scary or therapeutic
- Will McDonalds still exist in 20 years?
- What is Panchgavya Therapy for Cancer
- Why is it good to live with parents
- What charges the battery on a motorcycle
- Why are environmental organizations important
- What is dead capital
- What if I hate studying
- It's hard to be really creative
- Why do people adore their favorite rappers
- What does importing operating systems into Python mean
- What is 50 of 0
- When will Indonesia surrender to China
- What is electronic polarizability