Who are the most conservative Tory MPs
Historic victory: British Conservatives conquer Labor stronghold in by-election
For the first time in decades, the Labor Conservative Party stole the House of Commons mandate in the north-east English city of Hartlepool.
For the first time in decades, the Conservative Party of British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has stolen the House of Commons mandate from the Labor Party in the north-east English city of Hartlepool. In a by-election, the conservative candidate Jill Mortimer received the most votes, as the election commission announced on Friday morning. The result in the Labor home country is considered a great success for the conservatives, who continue to score there with their Brexit course.
"This is a historic result," said Tory Vice President Amanda Milling in a first reaction. For Labor leader Keir Starmer, who has been in office for over a year, the defeat is a major setback. The by-election does not have a direct influence on the balance of power in London because the Conservatives in the House of Commons already have a comfortable majority.
Hartlepool was still in the hands of the opposition party even in the historic Labor defeat in the general election in December 2019, in which the Tories captured dozens of red strongholds. The by-election had become necessary because incumbent MP Mike Hill had to resign after allegations of sexual abuse.
Both Johnson and Starmer had traveled to the North Sea city with around 92,000 residents several times during the election campaign. It is also part of the heartland of the EU opponents. In the 2016 Brexit referendum, almost 70 percent of Hartlepool's voters voted for the United Kingdom to leave the European Union. Johnson was the spokesman for the EU opponents and later pushed through Brexit as head of government against massive domestic political resistance.
- Who are Echo Innovate IT
- What do you think of Indonesia's education
- Does the belief system only work for humans
- Is Adele married
- How bad is alcohol for weight loss
- How are reducing agents found in equations
- Capital One auto loans are good
- Are DIYers tax deductible in 2018?
- What is the significance of the determinant of the matrix
- How can I get admission to the LPU
- What are some fun learning apps
- What are impulses and impulses
- What are some poems about the unknown
- Why is the autumn season called autumn
- Why do Jedi have different lightsaber colors
- Does it hurt when an ingrown toenail is removed?
- Why are BTS ARMIES so poisonous
- How do you formulate questions to customers
- Travel radio waves underwater
- How do I get over being unwanted
- How corrupt are the media and journalists
- Is there a mild or borderline NPD?
- What are the main ERP tools
- Who made the first concept album