Can you really ski in Dubai
5 interesting facts about the Ski Dubai indoor ski area
This indoor ski slope in the Mall of the Emirates is one of Dubai's most popular - and unusual - attractions. With a snow-covered area of 22,500 m², Ski Dubai is not the largest indoor ski area in the world, but it is by far the most luxurious. Here are some things to know before you visit.
1. Here is the world's first black indoor slope
Black slopes challenge all of a skier's ability. The color stands for the highest level of difficulty of a descent. If you didn't already know, don't dare to go on this slope!
2. Beginners don't miss out
Are you scared of the black slopes? No problem! 5 different slopes lead down from the 85 meter high artificial mountain. There is something for everybody!
3. It's the coolest place in all of Dubai
Would you like to take a break from the heat of Dubai? The temperature in the hall is between -4 ° C and -6 ° C. Ski wear is provided, but you may still want to bring a woolen hat.
4. The snow is made from simple water
The snow is made artificially, but it is real. In the evening, chilled water is shot through the snow cannons in the ceiling. Just like rain in cool winter areas, water crystallizes quickly when exposed to cold temperatures.
5. There are penguins
Yes, you read that right: Penguins! They are let out of their enclosure several times a day. But if you want to get up close and personal with the animals, you need to book tickets in advance.
Schedule your visit
Can everyone ski here?
Visitors must meet certain requirements in order to be able to ski independently. You have to at least be able to take turns, brake and use a ski lift. Beginners can book ski lessons in advance or simply have fun with the bobsled, toboggan or zip line. Did we mention the penguins?
What are the opening times?
Ski Dubai is open on Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. and Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. On the remaining days, the ski hall is open from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. There is usually a lot going on. So save time by booking your ticket for Ski Dubai online in advance.
How to get there
The Mall of the Emirates and Ski Dubai are on Sheikh Zayed Road. The closest subway station is Mall of the Emirates Metro Station 2.
Good to know
- Visiting hours
- The opening times are a little different every day, but the hall is always open at least from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- An adult day pass costs AED 275, which is roughly EUR 68. There are also passes for a two-hour visit.
- Do i need a travel guide?
- You can book your ski course directly through Ski Dubai. You can also take a look at our adventure tickets.
- Take the metro to Mall of the Emirates Metro Station 2. Ski Dubai is on Sheikh Zayed Road.
- More tips
- Hats and gloves are not included, but can be bought on site.
| Lockers can be rented for AED 25.
| AED 20 deposit is charged on the ticket. You will get this back when you return the ticket.
- Why do smoking and drinking belong together?
- What are the best Epic Consulting Firms
- The research methodology is simple
- What was the schedule for Outside Lands 2013
- What does digital cemetery mean
- What are the achievements of Brett Favres NLF
- How could clustering be combined with classification?
- Is that a good excuse?
- Why didn't Google buy Whatsapp
- Why do so many programmers like anime?
- 5 days are enough to see Istanbul
- What technology stack does Pixelz use
- Is my friend honest
- Find x if 9 x 2 27
- How do you free spirits
- How do poor people feel
- Keeping Spirits Up With Technology
- How does a 3-person IVF work
- What is your favorite type of sonnet
- Are sunflower seeds healthy
- How did Google ruin Twitch
- Is appealing good
- Would you survive a zombie apocalypse
- What do we mean by neo noir