Smoothieboard is also on my watch list. Seems to be really useful. But they don't seem to be quite finished with the development yet, right?
The chief marketing person for this board is trying to convince me that a 32-bit board only works better because it's 32-bit. The @ dc42 is so similar, but it only programs for the duet. We all agree that 32-bit is faster. That an 8-bit can compute exactly the same algorithms seems somehow beyond the imagination of these people. The smoothie advertises with 120,000 steps / second and if an ATmega is 10 times slower, you are at 12,000 steps / second, which corresponds to the Marlin without quad-stepping. To me, it looks like their algorithms are better, but just as efficient. And would also be fast enough on 8-bit for normal-speed printers.
Smoothie advertises that it runs "smoother". I have not yet found time to read all the source code, but this is probably achieved by setting a constant clock rate of 120 kHz and thus distributing the steps more evenly. No longer with up to 50% error, but with a maximum of 1 / 120,000 second error.
@ dc42 says he managed to execute the steps to the microsecond with every engine. That would be 8 times more accurate (and therefore quieter) than with smoothie. In addition, it no longer splits corners into short straights, but drives real corners. The latter would be a real breakthrough. With polar and delta printers, the motors basically only drive curves so that the print head then moves in a straight line.
@thejollygrimreaper has both a smoothie and a rumba with teacup on it and says that teacup is much quieter than marlin, about as smoothly as smoothie.
Oh, the teacup. There will be news soon, I'll call it the "1-click configuration": [github.com]
Overall, it depends on the algorithms, i.e. how all the step pulses are calculated. A few people who previously believed that the ATmegas would be at the end now dare to do it again. Very nice.
Edited 1 time. Last on 2/8/15 6:21 AM.
- What attributes did it take to become a good leader?
- How should I say sit in German
- Why do people go back and forth about APPLE
- Suboxone has oxycodone
- What is a multinational company 2
- Most firefighters are volunteers or employees
- What do good research hypotheses do
- What is the purpose of the TSA
- Why do doctors have no beards
- Is NFL's partnership with TikTok wise
- What cocktails use Baijiu
- What are hydrogen allotropes
- How much does the car registration cost annually
- Oral thrush causes bad breath
- What does bipolar behavior mean
- How many kinds of Arabs are there
- Which species only have 2 females?
- Can Morena win the next Mexican elections?
- What are the disadvantages of a compiler
- What makes a hug between coworkers uncomfortable?
- Are young men invisible to women
- Why is paper two-dimensional
- What is the opposite of luck
- Can you take Effexor and Xanax together