What are some of the motives for European exploration
..and the winner is Anke Hartmanns!
Anke's flag was selected from 16 finalists, one each from the 15 ESA member states and one from cooperating Canada (and from a total of 11,000 entries). “We looked at the designs on the Internet,” said Anke's mother, who teaches chemistry and biology, “and there were so many great ideas that we couldn't even imagine winning”.
Anke discussed her ideas with friends and teachers and decided to represent the earth as the center of a sunflower, the petals of which each represent a different aspect of life on earth. Some depict natural and man-made threats to the earth - e.g. a volcano and a factory - while others depict the green of the earth.
The motif of water on three petals also reflects Anke's interest in the ecology of the oceans, a topic that she would like to deal with later - and she wants to learn to dive.
An encouraging topic that appeared in very many of the drafts was international understanding. “I was amazed, it seemed like the children naturally associate the idea of protecting the earth with fraternity,” said Agostino De Agostini from ESA's Directorate for Applications, one of the judges, “and that's a good thing because we really need it a comprehensive agreement to protect the earth's resources. "
ESA organized this competition to draw attention to the launch of the Envisat environmental satellite and to raise awareness of the importance of space technology in everyday life. "Children are the scientists, engineers and politicians of tomorrow," said de Agostini. "It is important that they understand what space-based science and technology has to offer."
Thank you for liking
You have already liked this page, you can only like it once!
- What is an Effective Long Tail Strategy
- What is ego divided by id
- Which application do you write with
- How can I start reading Bhagavad Gita?
- Why do smart people get depressed
- How effective is PPC advertising
- How does a black hole affect gravity?
- Decomposes manganese dioxide hydrogen peroxide
- Sheep's milk is useful
- How do I repair mini fan batteries
- Why do archaeologists hate science
- How do I become a technical writer
- Digital art What's your favorite meme
- Who wrote the Nunes memo
- What will always be scarce
- Put in eyeliner or mascara first
- What is the ONLINE SAP HANA TRAINING COURSE
- How to say face in Portuguese
- Have ferns roots or rhizoids
- What code is that
- Where's Hurricane Dorian
- What is K-Drama
- What are some cookbook names
- How alcohol causes depression
- Which underpants can soldiers wear
- Is Gambia a safe tourist destination
- American reconstruction was a failure
- How can I study Slavic culture
- Share mobile data
- Where do people run in Fortaleza
- Which genetic syndromes can 23 and Me identify
- When is whistleblowing unjustified?
- Why Tiktok was banned from the Play Store
- Why is biology a boring subject