Who codes directly in hex
Hexadecimal number system (hex code)
Large binary numbers have the disadvantage that they are very confusing.
To remedy this, the hexadecimal system was introduced.
4 bits of a binary number are replaced by a hexadecimal character.
Since a 4-bit binary number can have 16 states, but we only know 10 decimal numbers, 6 letters have been added to the hexadecimal number system.
Nominal values: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D, E, F
Largest face value: F.
Significance: 160 = 1, 161 = 16, 162 = 256, etc.
This table is used for a better understanding of the counting method in the hexadecimal number system. Each 4 binary digits form a hexadecimal digit.
|Decimal||Binary / dual||Hexadecimal|
Hexadecimal numbers in computer engineering
In computer technology, the dual number system is decisive. Sometimes the hexadecimal system is also used. Usually for a clearer representation of large dual numbers. Long bit sequences of 4 bits each are grouped and converted into a hexadecimal number. In this way, a long sequence of 1 and 0 results in a shorter hexadecimal number. For easier readability, hexadecimal numbers are then grouped again in groups of 2 or 4.
Hexadecimal numbers or the hexadecimal representation is another form of representation of bit sequences.
|0101||0000||1010||1100||0011||1111||grouped bit sequence|
|5||0||A.||C.||3||F.||Conversion to hex numbers|
|50||AC||3F||grouped hex numbers|
The hexadecimal system or the sixteen system is used for a clearer and more compact representation of long bit sequences. It is also used in assembler programming for addressing I / O and memory modules.
Notation of hexadecimal numbers
Hexadecimal numbers are marked with a "16" as an index or a preceding dollar sign ($). Other spellings with "h" or "H" are inconsistent and therefore not correct and are only acceptable in exceptional cases.
- 10016 (correct spelling)
- $ 100 (correct spelling)
- 0x100 (correct spelling)
- 100h (wrong spelling)
- 100H (incorrect spelling)
Other related topics:
Electronics simple and easy to understand
The electronics primer is a book about the basics of electronics, components, circuit technology and digital technology.
I want that!
Experience electronics with the "Starter Edition" electronics set
Perfect for beginners and newcomers
- Entry into electronics without prior knowledge
- Quick understanding of components and circuit symbols
- Experiment without a soldering iron: just insert components
More informationOrder the electronics set now
- Cooks up trial and error
- Are there any iPhone apps worth buying?
- Capital One auto loans are good
- How can I get braver
- What is the best Indian cold drink
- Is Israel a manufacturer of biological weapons
- Who is the most influential criminal organization
- When did guitar solos become known?
- Why are the rebels fighting the Kurds
- Which article can we use before unique
- What is an inner aisle
- Helps creatine with fat loss
- Can babies be ashamed of their mothers
- Astrology Boecks are arrogant
- How to root Huawei P30
- What is the nicotine content of HEETS
- Where can I sail on Loch Lomond
- What is a famous lake in Rajasthan
- What is the scope of MSc Physiology
- Would there be art without science?
- What are Git Merge and Git Branch
- Why doesn't Joachim Low like Marcel Schmelzer
- How does the Netflix business model work
- How did early people start writing