Who is the first teacher
School was often a place of instruction in the past. The teacher stands in front of the blackboard and lectures, in the classroom the students sit in a neat row and listen. Those who can then reproduce what they have learned in their class work will be relocated, those who fail will remain seated. Contemporary teaching, on the other hand, accepts the fact that individual students follow different learning paths and have different speeds.
For this, the usual grid has to be broken up - from the 45-minute cycle of the lessons to the rigid separation between the school subjects to the spatial grid of the classrooms. A flexible variety of methods, social forms and room types take the place of rigid systems of order.
Loris Malaguzzi, founder of Reggio pedagogy, coined the important sentence: “The other children are the first pedagogue.
Teachers are the second and the room is the third educator. "
The atmosphere and architecture, i.e. a well-designed and intelligently prepared environment, are decisive for the success of the education.
Much of this concept has long been part of everyday school life. Children are less and less taught from the lectern, but are given the opportunity to acquire new knowledge together and independently. However, you can hardly tell from the German school buildings and classrooms. Modern lessons have to be improvised in yesterday's classrooms, with furniture that is only suitable for frontal teaching. In such learning containers, every self-organized, action-oriented lesson encounters considerable resistance.
Flexible teaching also requires rooms that can be designed flexibly. Ideally, this is a “fractal school” with open room concepts that offer niches for individual and small group work as well as large areas for cross-class cooperation. Flexible learning environments can also be designed in school buildings with traditional corridors and classrooms.
A well-designed learning space should be an invitation to learn - and create an atmosphere in which one feels comfortable, which expresses that the people in it are welcome, respected and valued.
- How are East Asians perceived in Canada
- What is the best cancer therapy
- How was Area 51 founded
- I did the right thing today
- What if everyone started programming?
- What brings a man down faster
- Which website is suitable for HVAC design
- How did the GST affect the military?
- Who would win Master Roshi against Vegeta?
- Were whales ever land animals
- Which diseases can be easily diagnosed by yourself
- What is a world without data
- How much do Instagram shoutouts cost
- How fast is India developing
- Was Adolf Hitler democratically elected
- What does number 691 mean?
- What are therianthropes
- Should buy SpaceX SpinLaunch
- Are the people stuck at Harvard?
- How Free Website Hosts Make Money
- Where can I find free economic data
- Why smartphone cameras are always behind the DSLRS
- Are the variance and mean deviation the same?
- Which algae have a diploid life cycle
- Why doesn't the mind listen to my heart
- What is imported from oceanic waterways
- What made you rich 1
- Where can I find high quality tapes
- What is microorganism
- Subscribe to small YouTube channels
- What is the J2EE stack
- Is there a dark side to Reddit
- Frequently use Google Scholar
- Why is Stephen King so popular