Which Abrahamic religion is right
On behalf of the magazine chrismon, Emnid asked at the beginning of December 2004: "Do Christians, Jews and Muslims believe in the same God?" also exclusively claims this exclusivity for itself.
The majority of respondents in Germany disagree, however, as they believe that Christians, Jews and Muslims believe in the same God, i. H. they follow the view that all these three monotheistic religions of the Near East as so-called "Abrahamic religions" (religions that recognize Abraham as the progenitor) come from one source and consequently also believe in the same God.
One of the big differences between Christianity on the one hand and Judaism and Islam on the other - the prohibition to make an image of their God - is also the core of Christianity (the 2nd of the 10 commandments), but has been changed there for reasons of church history.
A sixth of the respondents (16%) see a Christian-Jewish commonality that distinguishes them from Islam.
However, almost a third of those questioned who leave the God of each of the three religions for themselves and see nothing in common. This view is particularly agreed in the new federal states (43%), while in the old federal states it is only a quarter of the respondents (26%).
Accordingly, the conception of the same God is more strongly approved, especially in the old federal states. While half of the respondents there (49%) see the agreement of God, it is only just under a third (29%) in the new federal states.
These distributions may show the influence of a religious environment, which would mean that religion is more concerned with religion in the old federal states than in the predominantly non-denominational new federal states.
This aspect of “knowledge of religion” is shown again with regard to the formal schooling of the respondents. With longer schooling and training, the proportion of those who know about the “Abrahamic commonality” increases, while those surveyed with a formally shorter schooling follow the dictates of religion in their claim to exclusivity.
- What CMS uses nowadays
- Which living beings radiate light
- How do Bugzilla and Asana compare
- How economical are electric blankets
- Is 76 good in grade 7
- Why can't some math be applied
- What is science and technology through times
- Why are BTS ARMIES so poisonous
- Are anti-discrimination laws discriminatory
- What do Muslims think of Owaisi
- Is there another curriculum for PCB
- The power of attorney can refuse the visit
- Should I call my friends to meet me
- How dangerous is cave exploration
- How do radio waves affect the heart
- What toys were banned
- When does a wheel cylinder need to be replaced
- Who are the San
- How is SMO related to SEO?
- Can Alexa speak and understand Swedish
- What material is lost in boiled milk
- Republicans will have an elementary school
- Why is Gautam Gambhir always in controversy
- What is ISO 26262 about
- How was Alan Turing personally
- How is a QR code reader made
- How is Myobrace convenient and effective
- Where and when was the cucumber invented?
- What is an incumbent in US politics
- What are isomers of hexane
- Why are aircraft locations not being tracked remotely?
- Are Spaniards richer than Italians
- How does Node js do the memory allocation
- What people were masters of psychological warfare