What are the benefits of weeds
Weeds in the garden
Weeds are garden plants that have not been sown or planted in a targeted manner, but appear as undesirable vegetation accompanying the cultivated ornamental and useful plants. This includes not only wild plants, but also crops that are not desired here and that grow spontaneously.
Weeds are extremely robust, vigorous and adaptable. It has a rapid growth and thrives in even the most adverse gardening conditions.
Seed weeds are usually annual, but during this growing season they produce a large number of seeds through which they spread very widely. A single field weed can develop up to 100,000 seeds. These seeds can survive in the soil for several decades until they come back to the surface and begin to germinate.
Permanent or root weeds are rather rare, but extremely stubborn. Buttercup and Creeping Gunsel quickly overgrown everything with their runners. With a deep, well-branched root system, thistle and couch grass cling to the ground. Bindweed and dandelion have a long tap root.
Weeds are perceived as visually unattractive, especially in flower beds and mixed borders.
They compete with the ornamental and useful plants for light, nutrients, water and air. The crop plants are severely hindered in their growth and useful plants achieve lower yields.
In addition, weed plants serve as fodder and host plants for numerous pests. They give them food and shelter. Many pathogens use weeds as intermediate hosts.
However, weeds also have a few advantages. They are a valuable indicator of soil quality and the microclimate.
Root weeds such as groundweed loosen the soil with their roots and thereby improve the soil structure. Some weeds can be used as culinary and medicinal herbs. These include chamomile or field horsetail.
- What does puja mean
- Is PewDiePie married
- What is a brand audit
- Will running 10 km affect muscle gain?
- The age of the founder is important to investors
- What is transcranial magnetic stimulation TMS
- How do you calculate measurement ratios
- Amoebiasis spreads from person to person
- How our Indian education system will improve
- Why accounts were debited or credited
- Clogged gutters can cause mold
- You can call your child Apple
- Who is Sandeep Dhaliwal
- Is it possible to hack over WiFi
- Is it easy to change major?
- Are potatoes alive
- How long do freeze-dried strawberries keep
- When did sports teams start using nicknames?
- What is the ABC10
- How Canadians define hate speech
- How can I chat with Shirley Setia
- Why is Serena the best Pokegirl
- How is the surface of Jupiter
- Can a mathematician describe her day