How do I become a test engineer
Requirements for admission to an engineering degree: How to become an engineer
Are you fascinated by technology, are you interested in actively shaping our lives, inventing innovations or improving what already exists? Then the engineering profession is just right for you. Here you can find out what you need to bring with you to study an engineering subject.
Become an engineer - that's how it works
You can only become an engineer with a degree. Even if there is no 100% definition of the engineering profession, there is a uniform nationwide stipulation that you can only become an engineer with a technical degree of at least six semesters. For you that means: You have to do at least a bachelor's degree and if you want to continue studying, you can also add a master's degree.
Requirements for an engineering degree
To begin an engineering bachelor's degree at a university, you have to High School bring. That's enough for studying at a university of applied sciences High school diploma (including practical part).
Studying without a high school diploma
The good news: you don't have to have a high school diploma to become an engineer. Anyone who (in the best case) has completed technical vocational training of at least two years and then worked for three years in their profession can also apply for a place at the university. Even those with a further education qualification, for example as a technician, or with a master's degree may be admitted to the engineering course.
So if you don't have a high school diploma, find out exactly how the regulations at your chosen university are.
Some engineering courses require a pre-study internship of several weeks. Six to eight weeks are common, less often twelve. However, many universities also offer the opportunity to gain the required practical experience in the first semester. However, this does not replace the compulsory internship integrated into the course, which is usually part of the second half of the course.
Numerus Clausus (NC)
Yes, some courses have an NC. But don't worry - on the one hand there is often enough choice of universities that have admission-free courses (i.e. without NC), on the other hand the required average grade is not that high. With a 2 or even 3 degree, you are often already in.
If you are more interested in the topic and want to read examples of NC values, read on:
NC in engineering studies
All well and good, but the formal requirements are not everything. It depends on the overall package, otherwise you will soon be frustrated with your studies.
Not only should you have good grades in chemistry, biology and physics, but you should also have a strong interest in scientific topics in general. Soaking up science shows like a sponge is a good place to start. You shouldn't underestimate the math part either! Furthermore, it should be clear that you will work a lot on the computer and should have a knack for a wide variety of software.
Since most of the technologies are used worldwide and technology companies operate internationally, a good command of English is valuable. Those who can speak more foreign languages have a clear advantage.
Well, and then you still need creativity! Why? Because developing technology is about finding solutions. Thinking outside the box, trying out different things and being open to unusual paths will help you. And all of this is best achieved in a team - loners are less in demand here.
- Is there any way you can archive your Facebook messages
- Who are some Indian serial killers
- Where can I download reFX Nexus
- Can Sleep Deprivation Really Help With Depression?
- You can hear the silence
- Damaged head tremors the brain
- Should the difficulty of the SAT change
- Freddie Mercury wrote the vocal harmonies
- Where can I download Biology 11th Edition
- Fight snipers on an active battlefield
- Why is Polish so ugly
- How can we get rid of shaking hands?
- Logical errors could sometimes be correct
- What are the best restaurants in Spain
- How does free will and fate work
- How did the Trump era change you
- How important is business capital
- Why are red dwarf stars so chaotic
- When was Acid Rap released on Spotify?
- Which artists sound similar to NAV
- What is collectively unconscious about shamanism
- Like Italians French
- Can I diagnose social anxiety myself?
- Should I learn ReactJS or Angular 2
- American states have prime ministers
- What are the best freebies that are available today
- What are pointers and their types
- What is the Japanese word for wireless
- Top 10 Most Attractive Indian Girls
- What do military ribbons mean
- How do music websites upload their music
- What celebrities are climbing