Physics What is the frequency of waves
Light consists of electric and magnetic fields that propagate in waves, i.e. an electromagnetic wave. It is usually represented as a sine wave which is characterized by wavelength, frequency, amplitude and phase.
- wavelength: As a wavelength λ (lambda) one understands the distance between two points with the same phase. Points that have the same deflection (amplitude) and the same direction of movement over time. The wavelength is usually specified in nm.
- Frequency: The frequency f indicates the number of full oscillations (periods - T) per unit of time (s) and is measured in Hertz (Hz = 1 / s) according to the German physicist Heinrich Hertz.
There is a direct physical relationship between the frequency and the wavelength:
Wavelength λ · frequency f = speed of light c
- amplitude: The amplitude y describes the maximum deflection of an oscillation, i.e. where the wave crest is highest. In the case of light waves, the amplitude cannot always be measured directly; however, the intensity (brightness) depends on it; this can then also be measured
- phase: The phase π indicates when and where the wave peaks or the wave troughs are - i.e. the oscillation state of a wave
In-phase sine waves
Sine waves of different phases
- Why didn't Nixon forgive himself?
- What is silence 1
- What are some inconsistencies in Ra material
- Our universe is the only possible one
- Can i say what i want
- Is money the big compensation in America
- What famous singers were flops as actors
- Democracy is a farce
- What are the advantages of an overhanging carrier
- Should death be a choice Why?
- Is Ripemd safe
- Does smoking affect the baby's gender
- Why does constant speed mean acceleration
- Which leads to Rahu becoming unfavorable
- Why do my children test my patience
- Restores lost hair to Kama Bhringadi
- How to make blinking christmas lights
- Steve Jobs used Steve Wozniak
- Why is light important
- Why are bad things considered bad
- What is the formula of 2sinAcosA
- What are the Symptoms of Severe Sunburn
- What Bolivia is known for
- What symbolizes the Chinese tea ceremony