Does Jesus still have his human body
The new glorified body of Jesus. And why you should care. Because you will get one too
Reading time: 2 minutes
When Jesus rose from the dead, he had a new, glorified body. We too will receive such a new, immortal body for eternity (1 Corinthians 15:48).
When? At the moment of the rapture, Jesus gives us our new body (chronology of the rapture).
What this new, glorified, eternal body will be like, we do not know in detail. What we know from the Bible:
- It is a real, solid body and not something nebulous or a fleshless spirit being. People touched Jesus after he was born again (John 20:27; Luke 24:39) and hugged him (Matthew 28: 9).
- Jesus was recognized in his new body (John 20:20); where Jesus was not recognized, that was desired by God, see disciples did not recognize Jesus on the way to Emmaus.
- Jesus eats in his new body (Acts 1: 4; John 21:13; Luke 24:43, Luke 24:30). I'm happy because I don't want to go without my cheesecake even in heaven.
- The new body is a human figure, that is to say: the new, glorified body looks outwardly like we know the human body; not an alien fantasy (Luke 24:39).
- The new body is not bound to the dimensions known to us. Jesus suddenly appeared in closed rooms (John 20:19; John 20:26; Luke 24:36)
Do you have to pack a suitcase in heaven when you travel?
What journeys through God's universe are possible with the new, glorified body! Remember that at the rapture, when we receive our new, glorified body, we will in an instant rise from earth to Jesus in the clouds (1st heaven, our visible atmosphere), and then across to 2nd heaven (Space) to travel to the 3rd heaven (1 Thessalonians 4: 15-18).
Our new, glorified, eternal body will have both familiar human characteristics and new supernatural possibilities.
Such a super body for boring plucking on a harp?
Why do you think, why our loving Creator gives us a body with such bodies that burst all currently known dimensions and physical laws?
So that you can sit bored in your nightgown on a cloud and pluck a harp listlessly (just as atheists want to sell us heaven)?
Do you have any inkling of the currently unspeakable glories that will be available to us in the presence of God? What a wonderful loving Creator we have!
“You are worthy to receive our Lord and God, glory and honor and power. For you created all things because you wanted them to be there and they were created. "(Revelation chapter 4, verses 8 + 11; New Life Bible translation, Holzgerlingen, 2002)
How would you like to rate this article?
4,93 out of 5 points based on 40 votes cast. Loading ...
• Your opinion interests us •
Send us your comment conveniently via email
• Partner with us and help with your money so that we can keep this website running. We are not a non-profit organization, we do not issue a donation receipt. Thank you very much for your financial support. You can pay conveniently via PayPal or transfer directly to our German bank account: Kurt Nane Jürgensen
Purpose: KTNJ support
Give much, give little; give once, give regularly every month ... we are more than grateful for everything.
- What do you mean by sleep hygiene
- Is technical troubleshooting
- Who are the best Georgia writers
- How do people define a culture
- How is the Unacademy for the IAS preparation
- How can I read Chinese faster?
- What is a criminal mental illness
- How can you describe God?
- Will the Clintons destroy the Democratic Party?
- What is malleable sodium or argentum
- Why is Tamil handwriting so strange
- What is the history of brainwashing
- How is quartz used in everyday life?
- Can someone help me with Codeforces 230B
- How can I open a dairy shop
- What makes a decent person
- How and why did Kiko fail
- What is nano influencer marketing
- Will school never be hell
- What's the worst weekend of your life
- What does color mean for your dreams
- How is cultural development passed on over generations
- What is impossible in this universe
- Who wrote your LOR