What is the role of college foundations
German foundation UWC
United World Colleges (UWC) - 2 years of school abroad
The whole world in one school. This is what the United World Colleges offer pupils aged 16 to 19: At 17 schools around the world, young people of all nationalities, cultures and social backgrounds come together for a unique school experience and live the UWC ideals of international understanding, responsibility and mutual respect. The students live and study together for two years and complete the International Baccalaureate, a demanding and world-renowned school leaving certificate. Charitable projects are just as much a part of everyday school life as a variety of sporting, cultural and creative offers.
The currently 17 United World Colleges are located in Costa Rica, China, Thailand, the Netherlands, the USA, Swaziland, Germany, Norway, Hong Kong, Italy, Canada, India, Great Britain, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Armenia, Japan and Singapore.
Type of promotion
It doesn't matter where you come from, but where you want to go: UWC students are selected based on their commitment, motivation and personality, regardless of their parents' income.
If necessary, partial or full scholarships are awarded: what the legal guardians cannot afford is increased by the German Foundation UWC.
We are looking for young people who want to actively help shape the world and who would like to graduate from school at one of the 17 UWCs worldwide. Pupils of all types of school who are at least 16 years old and not yet 18 years old at the start of college and are attending at least the 10th grade can apply. Parents or legal guardians must be liable for taxes or social security contributions in Germany. Successful participation in our application process is also a prerequisite.
In the two-stage selection process, we select around 50 motivated and committed young people to whom we offer a place at one of the UWCs. Selected applicants will be able to attend college regardless of their financial background.
The application takes place in three steps:
- Filling out the application documents in our application portal.
- The preselection: all applications are read and evaluated during the preselection. The 120 most promising candidates will be invited to the main selection, 60 each for a weekend.
- After the main selection, we offer the 50 students who convinced us the most a place at a UWC.
Please refer to our website for information on current application deadlines:
- General funding (cost of living)
- Material and travel costs
- Hey, are you a professional photographer
- Why are all planets round
- What do you think of Indiamart's flood
- Which is better cable or satellite
- What are different types of map projections
- Who would you do a shoot with?
- What is the secret behind Facebook's success
- How was Shakuni responsible for the Mahabharata
- How can I learn Armenian
- Which is the largest land animal
- Is it bad when I die?
- If 10x 10 what is x
- What makes a happy relationship
- How can you block spam websites
- Are love poems romantic for them
- Why is a retrospective narrative effective
- What does red license plate mean
- Is Punta Cana a great vacation spot
- How is the night life in Olathe KS
- Which neurological disorders only affect men?
- What are some simple rap songs
- Can a dog die of grief
- Which IIT is best for chemical engineering
- Is there such a thing as hopelessness